The real-life meeting of the Antiochers that we've been talking about for forever and two days.
2008 or 2009
We're aiming for sometime in 2008 or 2009. This will give people plenty of time to work out the logistics (clear away the time, work out the transportation, arrange the festivities, etc.).
Seawolf has suggested a weekend in summer 2008 or 2009, so there'll be minimal conflicts with folks still in school:
typhoon has suggested October 24th, since it marks the tenth anniversary of the forum and conveniently falls on a weekend (people can use the 23rd and 25th for travel):
Some place in the U.S.A. since that's where most of us are, I think. Here's our great big country (with interstates highlighted in crazy colors):
Furriners who can manage the travel are welcome too.
Seawolf suggested a bunch of real-life Antiochs (there are apparently four in the States; we'll omit the Ohio and Tennessee ones because nobody cares). Codebreaker suggested Las Vegas.
- It's right by San Francisco and all that, so we'll have something to do when we realize we're all boring.
- There are like a billion Antiochers in California who'd appreciate the short commute.
- Kind of screws the whole east coast.
- CUM ON FEEL THE ILLINOIZE.
- It's right by Chicago, which has interesting things to do.
- Centrally located, meaning we all have to travel equitably ridiculous lengths to get there.
- They might have a Batman fish.
- Lucid doesn't have to do any traveling.
- It's kind of out in the doldrums, considering kate and Magnum have found new callings in teaching and Zeus has found a new calling in being batshit crazy loco.
Las Vegas, Nevada
- It's Vegas. C'mon.
- It's tucked away in the Southwest within easy reach of a lot of Antiochers.
Folks have also suggested meeting up at various conventions, like GenCon or PAX.
- Hard to find a convention everybody's down for.
Hey, everybody sign your name here if you're down for this.
Absolutely! Sign me up!
Maybe, depending on the details.
SPECIAL KOJIRO-ONLY CATEGORY